Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, Arizona Science Center is proud to offer a great educational opportunity for your students. Field trips to Arizona Science Center provide a rich learning experience, support content standards, and create excitement for learning science through our hands-on exhibits and activities!
We offer a free Focused Field Trip Teacher Orientation and materials that will prepare you, your students, and chaperones, for a science-centered field trip. At the orientation, teachers will have an opportunity to visit the exhibits and plan how to direct your students’ time to galleries that best match your content. Below, you will find pre- and post-visit materials, standards-based teacher and student investigations and guides, and bilingual chaperone guides.
- Click here for information on planning your trip.
- Click here for information on group pricing for the Dorrance Planetarium, IMAX™ Films and featured exhibitions.
- Click here to learn about free, hands-on workshops available during a field trip.
- Click here for information on a free educator membership to Arizona Science Center.
Are you a Title I school? If so, you may be eligible for Free School Field Trip Admission.
- Click here for information on a grant to help fund field trip transportation from US Airways.
- Fund-a-bus transportation support (Funding for 2013-2014 has already been allocated, check back in Summer 2014.)
Student & Teacher Investigations and Resources to Download
The materials below can help make Arizona Science Center field trips a more exciting and educational experience for your students.
Arizona Science Center would like to thank MetLife Foundation for its support of the development of the Student and Teacher Investigations Guides.
Select a Guide by Grade Level from the chart below by right-clicking on it to download:
Click here to view Gallery Descriptions.
Click here for the Planning Guide to help you plan for specific exhibits to visit that address your grade level standards.
Click here to access and download a map of the Science Center.
For reservations: 602.716.2028; firstname.lastname@example.org
Jr. Forecasters Program
Join 3TV Forecasters on your field trip for a FREE journey of weather facts and fun as part of the Junior Forecaster Experience at Arizona Science Center.
The program begins at 12 noon and concludes at 1 p.m. Seats are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and require pre-registration for any and all Arizona school groups. Schools must provide their own transportation.
Click here for the Junior Forecaster flyer
Click here for answers to Frequently Answered Questions.
Thanks to many generous partners, Arizona Science Center is pleased to offer a limited number of bus transportation grants to all Arizona public schools. These grants provide free bus transportation to and from Arizona Science Center for Arizona public school students in grades K – 8. Grants are awarded for transportation costs up to $1,000.
Click here for Fund-a-bus transportation support.
Arizona Science Center would like to thank the following sponsors for their generous support of field trips for school groups:
- The Arizona Republic/12 News Season for Sharing
- Cardinals Charities
- Cox Charities
- Coyotes Charities
- Executive Council Charities
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper and Gold Foundation
- General Dynamics
- Helios Education Foundation
- John F. Long Foundation
- Salt River Pima – Maricopa Indian Community
- US Bancorp
- The Maurice R. and Meta G. Gross Foundation
- Emerson Network Power
- BMO Harris Bank